The Scrum Master supports the development teams. You are responsible for developing and enhancing the existing Agile framework and for ensuring that each team member follows this framework. You make sure everyone knows their role and helps coach them through any unclear parts while also guiding larger teams using this method effectively.
The experienced scrum master oversees and guides development teams. The scrum master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow Scrum framework values and Agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
What you will do:
- Consulting with the team members
- Work closely with the assigned Agile teams and increase their effectiveness
- Improving the functioning of teams by presenting, understanding and adapting different methodologies and tools
- Participates in skill development and attitude formation
- Facilitating ceremonies defined by the Agile framework (e.g. sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective)
- Keep trainings on Agile principles, methodologies and tools
- Help team members to develop their communication skills. Help to understand individual methods and tools and to manage conflicts
- Finds the best methods and tools and incorporates them into the daily work
- Supporting the development team to remove their blockers
- Supporting the management in the identification of improvement opportunities and in the implementation of new methodologies and processes
What you bring:
- Always communicate in a transparent and authentic way
- Using Agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items
- Scheduling and moderating events, meetings, and decision-making processes
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow Agile values, principles, and practices
- Actively involved in the development of the corporate culture and mindset change
Professional requirements and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred
- In-depth knowledge and practical application of Agile Principles
- Experience in using Agile Lifecycle Management tools (preferably JIRA)
- Experience in creating training materials and conducting trainings
- 3+ years of experience in Scrum Master / Agile Coach
- Fluent English in spoken and written
- Good problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Open to new things / technologies
- Active attention, empathy
- Result oriented and practical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, networking, communication and facilitation skills
- Efficient, independent and team oriented form of work
What's in it for you?
- The freedom from confusion: You are always in the know about your task. If you don’t, you have the freedom to ask about it.
- Unbarred communication: Here, data-backed ideas always win over hierarchy.
- Hours that are not flexible: We don’t work late hours, weekends, or such. We start and end the day together.
Techray is an international IT company providing software development and outsourcing services on the German market. Although we have achieved rapid growth with traditional IT services, our innovative developments and R&D projects help our team focus and learn the latest technologies.